Thursday, August 14, 2008

Morse Park Bbq

My weekends were usually uneventful, as I'm gradually becoming more and more like a 宅男 (guy who stays in home all the time) as Jill noted. Well, other than the fact that doing nothing at home is the most economical way of spending the weekend, I do really enjoy being with myself and just take things easy over the weekend.

I don't really fit in the mold of 宅男either though, as I don't really eat instant noodles while staying up late watching anime (that's my idea of the term). My typical weekend boils down to surfing the Internet, doing groceries, doing laundries, jogging on Monon trail, exercising with Wii (:P) and nowadays studying. Some Sundays I did go out for bowling (now I have my own pair of bowling shoes), and catch movies in cinema, but pretty much that's it.

Last weekend however Ken organized a bbq in Morse park, and finally I ended my streak of not venturing out from my home for more than 10 miles since July 4th. The location was ok, and the food was good. The only downside of the bbq was that no one brought anything other than food; no football, no frisbee, no cards. Hence all we did was just eating and chatting...I'd prefer if I could sweat a bit...

IMG_0011

Lake by the park

IMG_0012

Fishing for food?

IMG_0004

A portable grill that we bought (not the rusty one, the one obstructed by guy in green)

 

And guess what I did after stuffing my stomach with food? I went back, rested for a while, and went to office at night to do some studying and finish off some work...great way to spend a Saturday night huh?

(Time to watch Phelps chasing his 6th gold)

2 comments:

Jin Ye said...

That's a good start for venturing outside of your house! Should have played frisbee too

Cumulonimbus said...

Yup but sadly nobody brought..