Sunday, June 01, 2008

Graduation trip (San Francisco)

After the graduation day (4/27), I had to move all my stuff to where I would be calling home for the next one and a half month - U-Towers. I have to thank a bunch of friends who helped me out in the process: Pei Ying, Siew Gee, Ren Jie, Wei Chieh, Mei Chen, Jason, Masz, and Wei Hsien (hope I did not forget anyone). Everything had to be done on that day because on the very next day, Ren Jie's family and my family would have to catch a flight to San Francisco. Our full itinerary for the next 10 days would be San Francisco - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Las Vegas - Los Angeles.

Since I have already witnessed the insaneness of the roads in San Francisco (steep slopes, existence of relatively reckless drivers, difficult parking), we decided against renting a car during our trip in the city. Hence, a lot of walking + taking public transportation had to take place. Luckily the weather was okay, as in it didn't rain although it was quite cold. I would say that we were pretty productive in San Fran, covering most of the attractions including the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown and a couple more places.

IMG_4398

Sea lions lazing at Pier 39

IMG_4441

Finally got to sea GG bridge up close

IMG_4489

"Crookedest" street in San Francisco - Lombard street

IMG_4518

Alcatraz (remember the Rock? I don't frankly)

IMG_4550

Inside the prison

IMG_4554

One of the cells

IMG_4587

Skyline of San Francisco viewed from Alcatraz

IMG_4633

Group picture "inside" an artwork in San Francisco MOMA (Museum of Modern Art)

IMG_4742

Taking limo (a short and ugly one though) back to the airport

5 comments:

auhc said...

you forgot me!

Cumulonimbus said...

...sorry sorry my bad :P

Hope Stikku won't attack me in the middle of the night :S

auhc said...

haha.. of course he won't. he'll just attack u all day, why wait till middle of the night? =p

Unknown said...

wow.. san fran still looks pretty much the same 4 years later.

the purple color art-thing (ahahh.. pardon the bad description) is pretty impressive!

Cumulonimbus said...

yup one of my favorite!