Monday, June 23, 2008

Cedar Point

Exactly two years ago, when I went to Genting, I had already found out that I was too old for rides. Back then, even the stupid Corkscrew managed to scare me to death (I thought my seatbelt was not working), not to mention the damnable Solero Shot. And I thought I have already experienced the worst....how naive I was.

Cedar Point is a famous amusement park located in Ohio, more than one hour away from Ann Arbor. We (Ren Jie, Jason, Siew Gee, Pei Ying and I) went there in a car but came back in 2 cars, thanks to the cool Ford Focus that Siew Gee bought in Ohio (cool when you judge the cover oops ooops better stop here :P)

The weather was okay that day, a bit cold but did not really rain. From miles away, the towering tracks of the rides already gave me a sense of foreboding. The ominous clouds that composed the background did not help much either in alleviating my soul.

We started our day with Raptor, a ride which was considered a medium-level in Cedar Point. Then we proceeded with the Top Thrill Dragster, the pride of the park. To get an idea of how thrilling it is, check this out:

P1010943

Top Thrill Dragster

Quoting Wikipedia:

"When Top Thrill Dragster opened, it set five new records:

  • First continuous-circuit roller coaster to top 400 feet
  • First roller coaster to reach 120 mph
  • Highest drop of any coaster
  • Fastest roller coaster in the world
  • Tallest roller Coaster in the world "

After that, we basically did most of the insane-est rides, including Mean Streak, Maverick, Millennium Force, Skyhawk, and Magnum XL-200. Here's an idea of how intense the Millennium Force is:

 

Again, I could not stress enough on how crazy the rides were. Take Millennium Force for example: it slowly hauled us to a height of 310 feet, and the ascend seemed forever. When the climb was over and the train started moving over the curve, there was this almost-still moment which we could see how damn we were, before dipping 300 feet to hell. The horror was simply indescribable. I still could not believe I have done all of those things....That made me think that I should do such things when I still have the ability to do so, because I realized the older you grow, the more "kia si" you would become...

P1020001

We certainly did...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The top thrill dragster looks same as the Kingda Ka at the Six Flags. Whats the difference ?

Beverly
Six Flags Discounts

KY said...

No idea...never been to Six Flags...