Saturday, June 21, 2008

Post graduation (Cars)

After sending my parents off, I stayed in LA for another night before flying back to AA. For the month following that, I would call 536 South Forest Ave, Apt 1603 my new home. Staying in U-Towers was fun; its location was perfect, there was free air-con (included in rent), I had another 2 "pig friend dog buddy" as my roommates, and most importantly Pei Ying and I were just 2 floors apart. 

Life was easy, but deep inside me there was this uneasiness due to the fact that I was about to start working soon, very soon. So there were quite a few things that I needed to settle first before I could actually slack, for example arranging for a place to stay when I work and getting a car.

My car search actually started since before graduation, but did not bear any fruits. That was probably because I had plenty of time. It was amazing how pressure worked wonders (or I should say how money bought "wonders"). Once I felt the heat, I got a car and decided where to live all in just one weekend.

So my new baby is a 2000 Toyota Corolla. It is rather ironic because my first car (a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage) was newer than my 2nd car. I did not like the Toyota very much initially, because it was manual, and it did not look cool. I had to convince myself to buy it (ask Wei Chieh about that). But I have grown to like it the more I drive it. It is spacious (had enough room for a computer desk, a set of dining table complete with 4 chairs, kitchen set, plates set, and bags of groceries - the guys who helped us loading the stuff had a look of utter disbelief) yet petite in size. Most importantly, it has good gas mileage.

Look at these pictures:

IMG_2636

My first car (gosh, look at me!! ......)    -Summer 2005

                                   IMG_2632

                                   Wasn't it nice and new?

  IMG_2668

I was bored and wuliao enough to take a picture of mileage reaching 88888. (Remind me to do so for my current car...it's now at 82k + :P)

VS my current car:

IMG_0305

Toyota Corolla 2000 (I don't like the GANLEY thing, but lazy to take it down)

IMG_0304

Parked across the road from my apartment

Yup so that's the very short story about my car. Will blog more on post-grad activities....

2 comments:

Eric said...

Hey, do post some pictures of your apartment!

KY said...

Haha...wait first. It's currently empty, so I have to wait till when it's presentable first....