Saturday, November 05, 2005

Another week...

Another week passed…A quite hectic one, as I did my stat 426 homework last minute AGAIN…Luckily, I managed to hand it in on time…

Last Monday was Halloween. Did not attend any parties, but could see people wearing weird costumes around in the campus. Look at what my geosci professor wore in class (photo attached below).

Finally, I got my new speakers!! Cost me only 17 bucks. Good deal I think…

Despite having tones of homework, manage to read Da Vinci’s Code by Dan Brown. A very interesting book indeed, but the story plot and style was disturbingly similar to his previous novel, Angels and Demons. I actually find the previous book more exciting and enjoyable to read. Yet, the brilliance of the author was still manifest through his inclusion of real artifacts and monuments in the book, making the historic claims in the story seemed incredibly credible (although there were a lot of fallacious facts in fact…wow, double usage of words!). And his ability to link seemingly unrelated pieces together again marveled me. A book not to be missed…

Don’t really know what to write. Does this mean that my life is boring? Indubitable...haha. Econs midterm coming up next week. Need to do some serious study again. Wish me good luck! Till then, ciao…

No comments: