Friday, March 18, 2005

Ann Arbor - Detriot - Kansas City - Wichita

phew~~~!!! what a week!

just had my midterms last week (3 of them altogether). have the ominous feeling that this time's result will be far worse than the first one. dunno what went wrong with me. i seemed to be busy all the time doing work (as in coursework) and yet, the results are not so desirable. was it because i had a poor time management? i don't think so. i think it's about my inability to concentrate in my studies...should i blame it to my lack of interest in the subject matter? hmm....i am still trying my best to convince that the brain is the most powerful tool...a tool can you can manipulate to believe whatever you want to believe in....

3/18/2005

on the friday, i left ann arbor for kansas city. it was kind of in a rush, and i was unable to tell my friend about my departure. qi ming and renjie went together with me too. after the finishing my linear algebra class, i came straight back to bursley and had my lunch, and straightaway (only have about 10 minutes to pack) left for the detriot airport. qi ming's friend (a black) fetched us there.

we had to go for the standby flight as we were late. we were supposed to board the plane at 8 sth in the morning, but it was impossible because i had a geosci midterm at 9. hence, we were where we were, trying our luck for the standby flight. it turned out that we were lucky enough to catch a plane to the kansas city, missouri.

when we reached kansas city, it was already about 6? (bad memory...sigh) hon boon, the guy who invited us to the minisales school met us in the airport, and it was then we realized that another chinese girl in the plane was also there because of this sales school. her name is called cecilia and she was from bowling green university in ohio. we met a bunch of girls from the northwood university in mich too. (ainee, may hui, aida, etc) from the airport, we went to mcdonalds to have our dinner.

after having our dinner, we were driven to witchita, kansas. it was a 3.5 hour journey. by the time we reached wichita, it was already about 12am. we checked in a fairly good hotel and then had some good rest there.

that day was quite a special relief from my boring schoolife, and such trip provided a much needed break in my hectic life. still, deep inside me i knew that i would be screwed eventually as i am having another important midterm in this week...i think i have to stop now as my mind is not working well right now. will continue some other day.

No comments: