Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chicago II

The next day we headed out to pick Steve up before going to Chinatown for a DimSum lunch. The wait was insane; we decided to go downstairs for some bubble tea before resuming our wait. I'd say that the food there wasn't that exceptional, on par or possibly worse than Great Lakes'.

After lunch we decided to walk around in downtown. I wanted to see the Buckingham Fountain and the famous Crown Fountain, since I missed it 3 years ago. To my dismay, both fountains were shut down presumably because of the cold weather. I got the chance to revisit my favorite in Chicago though, the Cloud Gate sculpture or more famously known as "the Bean".

IMG_0077

Group photo in front of Jay Pritzker Pavillion (don't have the one with Vivian in it...dang)

IMG_0080

The Bean!!!

IMG_0100

What are you waiting for? Spit out some water dude!!!

IMG_0102

Chicago river

Our next destinations included the Magnificent Mile, Ghirardelli Chocolate and the Grand Lux (dinner). The hot chocolate that I ordered in Ghirardelli (not the regular one) was just...too chocolaty. It was like drinking melted chocolate, and I suspect one could possibly suffocate to death if he or she takes a big gulp of it. The dinner at Grand Lux was great, but again I don't think it is worth the one hour+ waiting time (of course we did not wait there the whole time). I guess this is how things work in big cities...

IMG_0110

Want to kill some brain cells?

IMG_0122 

Shrimp Scampi

The weekend was a short one, but it was sure fun to meet up with old friends!!

No comments: