Thursday, November 06, 2008

Chicago I

Eric visited me about three weeks ago during his fall break. Since I was stingy on my leave days and Eric himself did not have much time anyway, we decided to go to Chicago and pay Vivian a visit. The timing was great I should say; Vivian's birthday fell on that weekend, and that means more reasons for us to be in the Windy City.

Eric reached IND at about 10.15 pm. Since I noticed that there was an accident that caused a massive traffic jam on my opposite way while driving to the airport, I decided to take a detour passing by Indianapolis downtown to get back home. We stopped by the Monument Circle and took some photos.

The very next day after work (a Friday), we headed to Chicago after a stroll in the park nearby my house. I was planning to show off the fall colors of the beautiful lake which I took photos of earlier, but was greatly disappointed by the view. Well, one word could sum it up - hideous!

Apartment new look (I still prefer brick color facade)

We reached Chicago probably about 9-ish, and Vivian and Felix recommended this Korean BBQ place for dinner/supper. The atmosphere of that restaurant was "great". It was authentically Asian, as smoke filled the place and people crammed themselves together, enjoying the sizzling meat and steaming soup. I pictured that it should be great if a bunch of guys hang out in this place, each having a bottle of beer and talking loudly about obscene stuff while gobbling down chunks of burnt meat (ok too much of tvb...)

We ordered too much and in the end Vivian had to request for a box. We headed back home after, and I managed to try out some wii Mario go-kart before calling it a day.

More about Chicago in next post!!

No comments: