Sunday, September 21, 2008

New camera!

My faithful Canon A85 finally succumbed to old age (~4 years), and I was actually amazed by how it managed to last this long. 3 years ago it suffered a dramatic fall from the top of a full size fridge (in some Mr Jones' house back when I was in North Carolina), and it went hay-wired for a while before working normally again as if nothing had happened. Lately though, noticeable bands started to appear in the photos it captured, and that's when I decided I need a new camera.

I should thank my dear girlfriend for giving me this wonderful present. It's Canon PowerShot A2000 IS, a model came out as recently as September (yup this month). Let's look at a self portrait:

IMG_0047 

Wanting to do some testing, I took it out to a park across from my apartment and a small lake nearby to take some pictures. I didn't really try out the features, just taking random shots instead. I wonder when I will actually get the chance to use the various functions packed in it, to name a few the fireworks mode and the aquarium mode.

Here are some of the pictures I took:

IMG_0010

Meadowland Park not far from my apartment

IMG_0012

Small bridge that connects the park and path to lake

IMG_0015

Looks like a resort huh?

IMG_0025

The lake I mentioned...it beats Yosemite's mirror lake (haha at least in this picture compared to what we saw in winter)

IMG_0029

Another view..IMG_0031

Trying out the micro function.

Yesterday also we had a potluck (8 people in total), and I prepared my favorite Malaysian food - Bat Kut Teh!!

IMG_0044

The main ingredients

 IMG_0046

End product

IMG_0037

Also, when I was done with jogging at Monon Trail today, my neighbor (an Indonesian, but his wife's a Chinese) invited me to his apartment and we chatted for quite a while. Then his wife suggested that we have dinner together, which I did not reject :P. I found out that he has the same surname as me (I do not have a common one), and also discovered that the very first guy I met in the chinese church for badminton is actually his uncle!!! What a small world it is!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Cool camera! And nice pictures!

And incidentally, I had Bak Kut Teh yesterday too! My roommates mentioned the "pungent" smell when I was cooking...

ying said...

why the lake doesn't seem so nice when i went?

KY said...

Eric: Thanks!!

Ying ying: Hmmm must thank your camera?? hugg

(mik)