Thursday, September 04, 2008

Labor Day

Let me start with an interesting discovery (pardon my ignorance):

"Traditionally, Labor Day is celebrated by most Americans as the symbolic end of the summer."

                                               -Wikipedia

So I guess fall has officially taken over. For the labor day weekend, I drove back to Ann Arbor to meet up with py and friends. It was another great weekend yet, and as usual enjoyable time flies by. I'm really glad that the Umich Malaysian kampung now has two more members of my age: Wei Ping and Billy. Welcome to the big family!!

On Saturday afternoon, py and I finally got the chance to watch Wall-E. The show had been running for quite a while, and I was quite surprise that they still showed it in Showcase. We enjoyed the movie a lot, and I was again awed by the creativity of and originality of Pixar production. Before the show I had read a lot of great reviews about it, but the movie still topped my expectations, unlike the Dark Knight which disappointed me due to me having high expectations. I personally think this is the best movie of Pixar, even better than my old favorite, Monsters Inc. I'd really like to see this movie get at least a best picture nomination in Oscar...

Speaking of which, I'm actually upset that Pixar is making Cars II. It is understandable why they want to do Toy Story III, but Cars??? I thought it was the lesser one of Pixar's production. There should be a Monsters Inc II....

Back to topic. During my stay in AA, I managed to attend a "Merdeka" bbq organized by UMIMSA. The food was...hmm did I even eat? (lol), and there wasn't much activity going on except chatting. This year the park was pretty crowded, compared to the previous few years. It's sad to say that now I'm already among the oldest in the community...

Also, this time I managed to play some real tennis in daylight. Jason must be pretty impatient seeing my bad strokes, but I learnt a lot amidst the chaotic flights of balls. Now I start to realize that tennis isn't as easy as it first appeared... Well, I'm still learning and hopefully this weekend Ken will be able to give me more tips.

I shall revisit this lovely college town (and lovely person living in it)soon.

5 comments:

Jin Ye said...

Monster II? Like what? A monster accidentally dropped into the human world and couldn't find his way back?

I would prefer a new story all together.

Cumulonimbus said...

I don't care, just wanna see Mike again!!!! Hahaha

Yup but I just hate the fact that they're making a sequel for Cars...

Jin Ye said...

Ohh Mike. He's the most optimistic character ever! Remember their ads on TV and magazines always have his face covered and he's still happy? I love that part.

Eric said...

Geez... Can't believe that you just reckon that something is better than Monster!!! I mean, you are the freaking Monster guy! (Haha... Pun intended!)

Of course you did not get to it the food! How could you even reach the BBQ when you and Pei Ying were busy having the whole word to yourself along the riverside in Gallup Park??? (I have CNN satellite installed in Ann Arbor before I left for Chapel Hill... Muahahaha...)

KY said...

Eric, very funny...

lol