Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pre-graduation summary

Now that I'm extremely free, I should start filling in the blanks in my recording of events. Let's start from before graduation (1-2 months before my graduation date).

Basically that period can be viewed as one of the best time in my life. There was virtually no academic pressure, as I was only taking 2 classes and pass/failed one of it. Also, the gateway lab was closed by then, meaning that I did not have to work 15+ hours weekly (even though sometimes I wished I could work). On top of that, quality time with py made life so much more meaningful and exciting. I should not go into the details, but I really really hope that these memories will stay forever with me. I should dedicate one post to talk about my memories though; I feel that I lack the ability to remember things, and such poor memory worries me sometimes...will talk about it later.

Managed to attend two more concerts before I graduate: one by the San Francisco Philharmonic and the other by Lang Lang. For the SF Philharmonic concert, I was quite thrilled when I got my tickets; it was 3rd row on the main floor. It would be the first time for me to sit in the main floor section in Hill Auditorium. Tickets for seats in this area were normally astronomical, but I purchased the tickets through a special offer, hence it only cost me 15 per ticket. I was pleasantly surprise when I found out the 3rd row was actually the first row with audience, and I was so near to the stage that I could practically touch the conductor!!! (yeah it's that close) The performance was okay, and I thought it would be better if they could perform the 1st movement of Beethoven's 3rd (the reason I went for the concert) faster.

Lang Lang's concert on the other hand presented an unexpected surprise for me. His playing was flamboyant and his expressions hilariously exaggerated as usual, but when the concert was over, I managed to get an autograph from him!!! I finally understood how those teen girls in Malaysia felt when they lined up to get autographs from S.H.E. To think that I was face to face with an international celebrity was simply...I do not know how to put it. I am still disgusted at myself, picturing I'm no different than those teen girls :(

I went to Chicago too during one of those weekends to attend a Student Leaders' Meeting with Pei Ying. I was skeptical at first of what such meetings can achieve, but to my surprise I gained some insights on how exchange of information could improve oneself. I guess conference and meetings did exist for a reason.

I also decided to drop course C which I registered for earlier. I figured with all the graduation trip preparation and execution, I would not have sufficient time to study, not to mention that I was already having a very severe senioritis by then. So here I am now, shaking my leg when others are studying day and night for exams.

Okay, this is not a summary anymore. I should probably stop this incoherent post here. Will write more when I feel really really bored (which I probably will).

No comments: