Sunday, January 14, 2007

New year new semester

So I didn't actually get a break. Maybe I did, but 2 days was all I got. After coming back from Florida, Ren Jie and I stayed in Chia Chye's Northwood apartment, a "happening" place with Voon Seng also staying there. Still suffering from post-vacation symptoms, I felt extremely restless, and had no mood to celebrate at all despite the fact that we had already entered yet another new year...

The winter semester started on Jan 4th. For this semester, I'm taking the following courses:

Math 422 - Risk Management and Insurance
Math 521 - Life Contingencies II
Math 523 - Risk Theory
Spanish 102 - Elementary II

and on top of that, I'll be working 20 hours per week, 7 of which are hours of a midnight shift in Shapiro Science Library (10pm - 5am). I seriously don't know what prompt me to work so many hours. Kiasuness? Desire to earn more money? Want to utilize my free time meaningfully? (Yeah right as if I have a lot of time to spare) I don't really know...

The first week of class was just terrible. I had 4 internship interviews in a week (which well, I don't think I did well enough to impress the interviewers), a 5-page law case due, and tonnes of Spanish coursework. Probably due to the stress, I somehow managed to lose another 2 pounds. Great...now I'm farther from my goal for this year.

This semester will be worst semester yet, in case of the workload. But well, I'm hoping that this is the darkest moment of the night, and that the golden rays will soon pierce through the my lightless life.

And on a sidenote, Cambridge is just awesome. I like it a lot, and it's pretty much the perfect place to stay. Pretty much because the extremely sucky internet connection ruins everything...

Oh yeah, and Happy New Year everyone!!!

No comments: