Saturday, November 11, 2006

Updates..

Time flies. Suddenly it's November. Suddenly all the trees are bare again. The weather in Ann Arbor is still as crazy as usual, with temperatures ranging from -2 Celsius to 20 Celsius in a week.

Last Saturday, I attended a DeepaRaya event organized by UMIMSA. Got to see a some Malaysians I didn't even know exist. The food was good, a little bit too spicy I would say. Can't really complain much actually, as almost everything else is better than dorm food. The spaghetti served the other day was simply inedible. It wasn't even pasta; the Italians would probably commit suicide in shame when they know what atrocities had been done to their national food.

Went to play some piano in music school after the SAM dinner yesterday. When I was happily abusing pieces by Lizst and Beethoven, a familiar tune struck me. When I stopped my unabashedly bad playing, I realized somebody was playing piano concerto no.3 by Rachmaninoff!!! Touted as the most difficult piece (at least in the movie the Shine), this piece is a monster that only a beast can tame. I couldn't imagine that somebody is playing that just right opposite my room, without the orchestra accompaniment... Although it's obvious that the pianist is still in the process of bettering the playing, the precision and dynamics were almost concert-ready. I somehow resisted the temptation to go over and see how the pianist perform the piece. Not intimidated by the superior playing, I stubbornly continued on pounding the poor piano :)

And yeah, I have decided to go to Florida for my winter break. Air tickets were settled, and now we "just" need to worry about transportation and accommodation. It'll be an expensive vacation I bet...

No comments: