Sunday, November 19, 2006

Go blue? Now we're all a bit blue.

Done with the second round of midterms, a Spanish oral test and a Spanish skit. Screwed up Math 520 I would say. The oral test went well, but the skit wasn't up to my expectation. Well, I'm done with it though, at least for this semester.

I got a new job in the Shapiro Science Library, working at the front desk. It is a 5-hour shift, and I will work for just one shift per week. The tasks seemed intimidating, with lots of stuff to remember. The student manual was a frigging 40+ pages long, and again my responsibility seems to run the gamut of petty office work. My supervisor is nice, but a seemingly demanding person. I hope I can hang on for at least the rest of this semester.

The resume-drop deadline for most of the companies was on the past Thursday. That means I was forced to face reality towards the deadline, and had to finalize my resume, write cover letter, and fill in some stupid personal profile stuff. TP even required the completion of a phone interview, which I am positive that I screwed it up by stuttering through the last part. In a sense I had everything settled for the meantime, but this is just the first wave. I shall not further elaborate on this shit before I start cursing and get depressed (Why? Hint: Remember the state that I live in? State of denial it is. Kerry was right, Bush lives next to me :D)

Watched THE game - Michigan VS Ohio just now in Trotter House. I'm "proud" to say that that was the first football match I've ever watched for the good 3 years I've spent in the United States. Well, not bad for a starter right? It was THE game because it was the clash of the century; it involved the greatest rivalry in college football, and both teams were undefeated before the game (which was the last game for the season). Sad to say that we lost (42-39), but this game kind of changed my opinion towards American Football. It doesn't look that stupid anymore, and in fact know I think there is actually a lot of strategies and skills involved in a game.

Thanksgiving is next week. We'll have a 5-day break, and as usual, I already know what will happen for these 5-days. I will waste my time doing nothing, and regret about that towards the end of the break. Same shit different time. Will I have the will to break the pattern? I think I already have the answer. Stupid question.

Going to hit the bed soon...without setting the alarm. Life's good just because of that. How pathetic...

No comments: