Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Fall Break

So, I finally got my fall break. It's too short for me, but well, any extra day off is very much welcomed...

Normally, I would spend my break exploring the different areas of the States, but it seemed my aging process had been accelerated exponentially lately. Travelling didn't seem that much interesting anymore, and all I wanted to do for the break was just to get some good nights' rest and the luxury of taking everything easy. I would say that I still havn't got enough sleep though, and it's sad to say that although fall break hasn't officially ended yet, I'm looking forward to the next thanksgiving break already...

So, what have I accomplished over the break? Nothing meaningful actually. I got to watch three movies (Batman Begins, The Godfather I and 2046), finish another GuLong's novel (边城浪子) and do some shopping to stock up some supplies for winter (including a bottle of whiskey to warm up myself during the unrelentingly cold winter :P).

Besides, I managed to savor some of the food that I had been dreaming of for the past few weeks. Chye cooked an absolutely delectable Bak Kut Teh on Saturday, and Voon Seng was generous enough to share the mooncakes he brought from Malaysia. With Ren Jie's car too, I was able to drive to Hong Hua in Farmington Hills for dinner and Chocolate House in Main Street Ann Arbor for desert on Saturday night, and to Great Lakes for dim sum at Sunday noon.

Just celebrated Vivian's birthday in Pizza House. Less drinking than I had expected, but heck, that's not even a real bar. Oh yeah, and happy birthday to Wan Hong too...all that's left is memory...RIP.

Well, there's another midterm awaiting me this Thursday. Guess that means studying for the whole Tuesday and Wednesday...geez...that sucks..


Dinner at Hong Hua

No comments: