Sunday, September 26, 2010

My new baby

Since I drive so much, and my old car was getting old (mileage approaching 130k), I figured it might be a good idea to buy a new car. Financially I cannot really justify the purchase of a new car, but for my safety sake, and to make my 4.5 hour trip to Michigan more comfortable, I decided to went ahead with the decision.

As it would be my biggest purchase yet, it took me a while to decide what car to buy. Initially I wanted a Honda Civic coupe because it looks super cool, and I don’t mind driving a two door car as firstly, I drive alone most of the times anyways and secondly, a smaller car means a smaller carbon footprint (and less money spent on gas)?

 honda

Honda Civic coupe 2010

Then I decided that it would be too expensive to get a Honda if I were to load it with all the goodies I want. I did some searching and found out about Mazda 3, did some more digging and quite like it. Plus, it is cheaper than a Honda Civic, and it comes with more bells and whistles.

                  NA (US), SDN, SAP, s-GT, LHD, 2.5L, 5EAT, Aluminum Metallic M, Black Leather

                   Mazda 3 2011

I was pretty set about getting a Mazda 3, until I came across the US news affordable small cars rankings. Surprisingly, the first in the list was not a Japanese car. Honda Civic coupe and Mazda 3 were both in the top ten, but the first in the list was the Ford Fiesta 2011.

Ford Fiesta? It was the first time I heard of the model, and I was skeptical about the association of Ford with good quality. So I did some more research and found out that it is a model reintroduced to the North America market in summer 2010 after the popularity of the model in Europe. The more I researched, the more I liked the car. And also, the price tag was even lower than a Mazda 3!!! Being a cheap person that demands more for less money, I naturally fell in love with the car. Oh and did I mention it boast 40 mpg on highway?

However, it was the SYNC system available in the car that really caught my eye. With SYNC, you can connect any Bluetooth phone to the car and have hands free conversation on the road. Also, with SYNC you can give voice commands to do things like selecting audio tracks, playing songs by certain artists, and much more. The video below pretty much summarizes what the system is capable of doing:

 

And also there is this hilarious (and somewhat sarcastic) review of Ford Fiesta by Top Gear, a famous UK auto TV show. I figured I might need to be prepared to be chased by baddies in a shopping mall (or maybe a Normandy landing):

 

So I ended up being a Ford Fiesta 2011 owner…

IMG_6760 IMG_6762

 IMG_6749

I like the headlights a lot…very futuristic (and hiao)

 IMG_6750 IMG_6751IMG_6752 IMG_6753

Unconventional design

IMG_6756IMG_6757

Yup it’s a manual…

So far the car looks and drives great. I still can’t take my eyes off the car and can’t help smiling whenever I see this baby. Let’s hope it will be as durable as a Toyota. Which is what I used to have. LOL…

9 comments:

Me said...

When I get the chance to sit in your car, I want to test drive it.

What I like about Ford cars is the balance between fuel efficiency and power. What I dislike is their low re-sale value (maybe this will change).

KY said...

Probably will change...especially when people realize even Toyota can have quality issues. Check out the Ford Focus 2012 too...it's cool!

Unknown said...

Hey P... that's totally your color. ;)

KY said...

lol, becoz that's the color of my columbia jacket???

Unknown said...

Well you know.. your favorite colors -- bright orange, bright blue, bright green.. bright black.. lol.

赖子 said...

很棒~超讚



















Unknown said...

I like about Ford cars is the balance between fuel efficiency and power. What I dislike is their low re-sale value

Professional SEO Services

123 said...


red bottom shoes Now there is Red Bottom Shoes a acceptable choice!The block abate boots are actual accepted in this abatement and winter. Christian Louboutin has abounding kinds of this boots.And again you can bout with a awakening handbag.Until the 1213 century,the Japanese accept a Japanese appearance sandals clogs in straw, copse and covering as raw materialsand blow toe slippers.In the rainy,boiling areas,women in accurate like to abrasion clogs, shoes with red bottom because not alone act as elastic boots,and abrasion athletic acceptable and inexpensive.So in a actual continued time, clog seems to be alike with Japanese women.

Unknown said...

Rise involving Figures will ship this specific spring.Ps3: I like the ability of the Vinci leviathan to be able to drill down into a spot. Developing a large leviathan show up in the unanticipated place may mix up along with demoralize an enemy. It's my job to delay and mail our king leviathan serious in to opponent area when one of our towns arrives underneath attack. My personal adversary has to decide between smashing off their attack to defend their area or enabling us for you to tear upwards his or her fiscal properties along with our mechanised beast. I enjoys us a number of leviathan. Many thanks.Since proved with the appearance involving PopCap Video games like Bejeweled 2 as well as Feeding Mania upon Windows Xbox 360 system Reside Market, everyday game titles are increasingly infiltrating spots typically available central game enthusiasts.

Fifa 15 Coins XBOX

Fut 15 Coins