Sunday, March 02, 2008

London

London was the most disappointing city in my list, despite the fact that my expectation was not high in the first place. The city struck me as uninspiring and dull not only because of the weather, but the lack of soul and perceived personality. I should say that such opinion is highly subjective, and I bet a lot of people would beg to differ. The thing is, I was probably wrong since we didn’t really have the time, spirit and mood to have a good look at the city. We were so worn out and lazy that the only places we went were the Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square and Windsor Castle. We didn’t even go to the Parliament House and the Tower Bridge.

On the side note, here I should extend my gratitude to Ren Jie’s aunt and family for their hospitality. Not only they took time to fetch us from the airport, they let us stay in their house and cooked meals for us. We were very well fed and taken care of. Each of us even got a Christmas present from them!!! Ren Jie’s aunt really reminded us about the warmth of home and family. Thanks a million!

Trafalgar Square

Big Ben

The London Eye

Poor guard in front of Prime Minister's residence

On our way to the Windsor Castle

Walls of Windsor Castle

Entrance to Windsor Castle

Windsor Castle!

No comments: