Sunday, February 04, 2007

A diarrhea of thoughts

So, the first month of 2007 is over. I don't know how many times I had mentioned this in my blog, but gosh, doesn't time fly?

Well, my quest for an internship in the states ended up in vain. I have to admit that it was painful seeing others got second-round interviews when I myself got none, because it left me wondering what went wrong in all my interviews. Was I such a lesser candidate? Hate to view it that way, but yeah, I have to accept my failure and think of ways to improve my weaknesses (Boy, that's so much easier said than done). Hopefully I will do much better in the future. Here I wish all of those who got second-round interviews good luck...

To quote Khoon Yu, nothing is going to stop me from getting what I want. Now that I have fallen down, I have to stand up fast and regain my bearings. I somehow have this weird sense that whatever I do now might bear significant influence towards my future life (duh). That's why I need to learn fast and change fast. Now there's this huge temptation to whine about my reluctance to grow up again, but I have decided to resist it for good :).

The weather had turned extremely cold for the past week. Temperatures went down as far as -20 degrees Celsius after wind chill, and it was just unbearable. Without the much needed natural layer of defense, my weapons against the cold were just my faithful Columbia Titanium winter jacket. And oh yeah, I felt that I had been eating quite a lot lately, but the nutrients seemed to have just vaporized into the thin cold air. My body appears to have created its own unique law - the conservation of mass. I bet it will take a lot of effort from me to deviate from the steady state (which is a mere @#$), but the law will eventually force my weight to converge back to the equilibrium. Geez...

Alright, this post is getting more and more random, and therefore it's a sign to stop. I should get a life instead of blogging, so that I can blog more about my life (!!!)

And oh yeah, one more random comment. I came across this quote, and I think it was rather brilliant and funny:

"My brain has two parts. On the left side, there's nothing right; on the right side, there's nothing left."

Cool huh?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yo.. you'll do well.. and just how do i know that?.. because of how you're putting it all into perspective and not giving up.. the most successful people have always been those who've gone through failure most..

oh yea, and the quote is mighty cool.. who came up with it btw?

Cumulonimbus said...

Oh thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it a lot...

The quote is I believe from somebody's facebook profile...hahaha.