Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snowboarding

I took the last week of 2009 off and chilled out at Pei Ying’s place. Since I had just finished the final assessment, I did not have to do any studying, so the entire week was just pure relaxation. And boy do I miss those days.

On the Saturday before going back to work, three of us (Siew Gee, Pei Ying and I) decided to go snowboarding. We went to the Pine Knob Ski Resort, which was half an hour drive from Dearborn. Before throwing ourselves to the snowy slopes, we made sure our stomachs were taken good care of. We had brunch at LA Cafe, which offered absolutely scrumptious omelets (in generous portions!).

We were ready for the test after the hearty meal. I skied twice, which I thought was okay as I knew how to do some basic maneuvering and minimize falling down. However, snowboarding was a whole different beast, at least for me. I cannot remember the number of times I fell hard on the snow. Still, I managed to have a lot of fun. It was fun falling down again and again, knowing that with each fall you are gaining more experience and learning something new. At least that’s what I like to think.

I spent most of my time at the beginning slope, and only ventured to the intermediate slope once to get some photos taken. Overall, it was a great experience, but would be much better if it was not an extremely chilly –10C day.

IMG_5065 IMG_5066 IMG_5067

1. Get set, ready, ouch!  2. Let’s try again… 3. Weeee!!

IMG_5068

Pei Ying being very cautious…

 IMG_5064

Best snowboarder of the day…low center of gravity does help a ton! :P

IMG_5070

Pine Knob Ski Resort

1 comment:

Siew Gee said...

-.-|||