Monday, September 28, 2009

July 4th 2009

July 4th coincided with my first quarterly valuation work, hence I had to work even though it was a public holiday. However, things weren’t as bad as I had two visitors during that weekend – Pei Ying and Wei Chieh.

On Friday night, we saw some fireworks on sale in Meijer. Since I haven’t tried one before, we decided to buy some and light it in a park not far from my place.

IMG_3553

IMG_3554

IMG_3558 

Orang-orang gila (orang gila-gila?) celebrating first discovery of fire…

On the 4th of July itself (which was a Saturday), we went to see the real deal near the Carmel City Hall. The place was within walkable distance, but I really should have driven there since it was raining and parking wasn’t that difficult to find. And did I mention that we had to carry our own camp chairs there?

IMG_3565

Such a wide pool. What a way to show off Carmel’s coffer.

 IMG_3569

Everyone’s well equipped and determined not to let the rain spoil the fun

IMG_3574 

Stalls making quick bucks

IMG_3583

Curly fries seasoned by rain

 IMG_3587

Wei Chieh forcing a smile despite all the “hardships”

And finally, the fireworks:

IMG_3670 IMG_3604 IMG_3609 IMG_3618 IMG_3620 IMG_3624 IMG_3639 IMG_3665

All in all the experience will be so much nicer without the rain…still it was a memorable July 4th.

5 comments:

Jin Ye said...

July. August. September. Almost October...
Hey you need to update your blog when the event happens la, not months after!

iamlz said...

very nice photos of the fireworks! which mode u using?

KY said...

@ Jin Ye: Yup catching up la...bet you can see that I'm trying real hard

@ LZ: Point and shoot mode lol. Really, I think I was using auto mode...

Wan Ying Teoh said...

LOL nice pics! But I have to agree with Jin Ye... I seem to always see recent posts on events which happened months ago =D

KY said...

Working on it...:)