Sunday, March 01, 2009

Malaysia 2009: Mum's birthday

So it was my mother's birthday, and my sister came up with this brilliant idea: why not each of us cook one dish for our beloved mother? After some quick "brainstorming" we decided to prepare taro pork, sour spicy soup and vegetable mix. As you can see I'm extremely bad with dish/food names, but hey at least those are better than ridiculous and meaningless names like "Eight Stars with Great News" or "Eight Gods Crossing the Sea"...

IMG_6280

Clockwise from top left: Sour spicy soup, Vege mix, Taro Pork, and Sour spicy soup in a bowl...

I would say that the outcome wasn't as expected. My taro pork was a bit too salty and the meat too cooked, whereas Su Khai's sour spicy soup was too sour...guess we all learned something that day.

To compensate my mum who had to tolerate our cooking, we went out to Pizza Hut for dinner that night. This is a family photo (first in quite some time) with the birthday cake before going out for dinner:

IMG_6293

Birthday celebration with family is always good!!

No comments: