Friday, December 26, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Wanted to name this post "Mackinaw trip", but decided against it since technically we (Siew Gee, Jason, Pei Ying and I) didn't even set foot on the island. Throughout the holidays, we stayed in Mackinaw city but didn't get the chance to visit the island due to suspended ferry service during Thanksgiving.

So where did we go? We went to Sleeping Bear Dunes (my second time) and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Upper Peninsula. It really wasn't the best time to visit those places, since it was snowing quite heavily.

I was actually excited of re-visiting the Sleeping Bear Dunes because I wanted to re-create the timeless photo taken by Chooi KK. It is my favorite photo and I have been using it for the profile picture of my facebook account. Some of my friends actually thought it was a cartoon poster rather than a real photo of me (note: no photoshop invovled):

IMG_3304

Sadly, this time around I couldn't manage to have a profile-picture-worthy photo taken:

IMG_0228

Ok enough of me...let's look at some other photos:

IMG_0205

Kids running down the slope...

IMG_0263

Lake Michigan

Of course, what's Thanksgiving without turkey?? That night, Pei Ying and I ordered Thanksgiving special for dinner, while Siew Gee and Jason each had some "fishy" stuff:

IMG_0265 

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore reminded us of Yosemite, since we went to both places during winter times. I think the lack of blue sky ruined the views once again.

IMG_0298

Doesn't it look like a castle?

IMG_0313

"Castle" up close

IMG_0349  IMG_0398

Waterfalls...

Initially we decided to go Mackinaw Island on Saturday, but unfortunately there was no ferry service. So we just hang around and take a few photos:

IMG_0422

IMG_0426

Mackinaw bridge

And that concludes our short trip....

No comments: