Sunday, October 07, 2007

Fall 2007

This semester isn't as easy as I had imagined. I figured with all the core classes taken, this would be a semester for some fun classes and just enjoy life...well, while it is true that I'm taking mostly freshmen classes, the challenges that this semester poses are not significantly less than those of last semester.

Right now I'm taking 16 credit hours and working 16 hours every week. The classes that I'm taking are as followed:

Dance 101 - Intro to Modern Dance
AsianLan 125 - Elementary Japanese
Musicology 121 - Intro to the Art of Music
Econ 424 - International Finance
Math 423 - Financial Math

The working hours are less, so as the number of jobs too. Instead of working 4 jobs (tutor, proctor, grader, librarian), I'm down to only proctoring this semester. Aside from working and classes, now that I'm staying in Northwood apartments, I've to spend quite a portion of time dealing with food (buying them, preparing them, washing up etc). Cooking is not as easy and as cool as it seems, it could be quite an onerous task. That's not always the case though, as occasionally it was fun and rewarding.

On top of that, I'm taking MFE, the third SOA paper this November. Progress isn't good so far, but will try my best (let's see lol) to get myself ready for the exam. As usual, this semester will be the battle of me versus my procrastinating self. Hope the positive side will prevail...

No comments: