Sunday, August 05, 2007

Hello my blog

"All is well."

So that's how the journey that lasted for 7 years ended. That can be said to the way my internship ended too. I wouldn't boast that I've learned tonnes from the experience, nevertheless it's a decent experience, and it really did offer me a glimpse of how working life would be.

Working in KL can be a frustrating experience because of the daily commuting. While taking LRT from Sentul Timur to Bukit Jalil everyday is not exactly very enjoyable, I realized that things could be tenfold worse. Imagine being trapped in traffic jam at least twice a day, imagine having to take a few trains to reach your workplace, imagine...... The weather doesn't help much either in alleviating the pain. Occasional downpours that coupled with the "excellent" city flood plan can bring the worst nightmare to every driver out there. But well, I guess these are some of the inevitables most people will face working in big cities (or is it true only for big asian cities? hmm)

However, on the plus side, working in KL means that you are surrounded by "zhi ji ren" aka close friends and relatives. The variety of local food also serves to spice up life considerably. Weekends can mean tonnes of fun too, when there's so much to do (of course, that is only if you have the money).

So do I like working life? Let's put it this way: I'm glad that I still have one more year of studies to be completed...

2 comments:

RJ said...

Agreed with what you said. :D

Btw, it's "zi ji ren", not "zhi ji ren". LOL

Voon Seng said...

7 years?