Monday, April 16, 2007

Update from Shapiro

Here I am again in the Shapiro Science Library working extra shift earning extra bucks. Working 5-8 am is definitely not as bad as working 10pm-5am; there's less work and more pay (15 hourly rate). Technically working during such hours provide me ample opportunities to do some serious studying, but apart from completing my Spanish homework, all I did was surfing the net and calling home. And yeah, now I'm updating my blog...

Finals week is crawling in surreptitiously, and it's less than two weeks before I can go back to Malaysia. I am not particularly excited about it knowing that I still have to do tonnes of studying for my course M exam. Hope everything will turn out fine though.

Last week, I finally experienced my first bar crawling (in fact it's the first time I've gone to a bar in AA). Informally organized by SAM, we went to 3 bars in total (Mitch's, Jug and Ricks). Unavoidably I drank a considerable amount of beer, but was doing quite okay I think. It's interesting enough to see a whole different "world" out there, and seeing friends that get all rowdy was even more entertaining :P.

Went to Birch Run also to get a couple of stuff. Got a flat tire on our way back, but luckily a highway patrol officer was there for help. Learned an important lesson that day: persevere and don't give up easily. Thanks Hewei!

1 comment:

always & forever said...

wow...i'm so flattered..haha...
actually nothing la, but good that u did learn sth =)