Monday, March 20, 2006

Another week

The past week had been a tough one….had 2 midterms which I screwed badly. Life was pretty much like a vacuum cleaner – it sucks (a brilliant statement by vs I think?). Now, the only thing that cheers me up is the thought of being able to go back Msia in less than two months’ time. Really looking forward to the sleep-marathon that I will certainly engage in when I’m back home. It has been like eons since I last get a good night’s sleep and some real rest. And it’s certainly very comforting to know that the effects of sleep deprivation adds up: “sleeping only six hours a night for a week makes you as tired on the seventh night as if you had had no sleep at all” (quoted from Sanjay Gupta’s article on Times)

Okay, will sign off soon. Still feeling a bit dizzy from listening the one-hour long 7th symphony by Dmitri Shostakovich performed by Kirov Orchestra in Hill Auditorium…..it’s simply too long and too overwhelming. Guess I still prefer the more pop-classical….

p.s: ASB chapter update finally completed…

2 comments:

Voon Seng said...

lol... what u talking about... 6 hours of sleep a day... well Sanjay Gupta is prominent and all, but i think human is different and resilient. i've been surviving for 3 years on ~5 hours of sleep on weekdays, and 7-8 hours on weekends... and why izzit comforting to know that?... and i don't think that's my statement.. although i did made a similar statement some time ago... The dorm food is like a vacuum cleaner... :P

Cumulonimbus said...

comforting as in "comforting"...if you know my style :P